'71 Triumph

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't so much a build as a refurbishment. This one's been sitting in my basement for a while. It should clean up nice. I hope to finish it before the British motorcycle meet, 'Brit Jam' this weekend. I'll lock it up in the back of the truck with a 'for-sale' sign on it and enjoy the show. Vendor spaces are free but I don't plan on setting up for one bike. The frame's a little big for me or I'd keep it.
P1010799.jpg

P1010800.jpg

P1010802.jpg

P1010803.jpg

P1010807.jpg

P1010808.jpg

P1010811.jpg

P1010814.jpg

P1010815.jpg

P1010817.jpg

P1010818-1.jpg

P1010819-1.jpg

P1010820.jpg

P1010821.jpg

Nice bike, I used to have a really nice Triumph 'Palm Beach'. I lost it to the recycler when my GF emptied the garage during our last bust-up, but I managed to salvage this....

It's yours if you cover the postage or trade me something or whatever.

I may take you up on that but I'm curious if that would be cost effective for me as I'm trying to sell it anyway. I guess that would all depend on the shiping cost. Any idea what that might be? It certainly can't hurt the asking price that's for sure. I'll probably assemble it with a sprocket/arm (it is somewhat nicer than the one in the picture) I have that is a match, just to get it ready for the bike show. If it doesn't sell there I have a Bendix RB 2 hub that came off an old girls bike (no skidding) that looks real nice if I recall, if your interested. I never used it but I'll check it out. Thanks.

I threw some wheels from a Columbia on it to roll it out of the garage while I find spokes.
P1010878.jpg

P1010876.jpg

Sorry on the delay with that hub Mad Mick. :oops: I'll be extracting it today. Here's that crankset.
P1010873.jpg

P1010872.jpg

P1010879-1.jpg

Hi guys.
Very nice, I love British bikes and yours is truly beautiful.
I don’t mean to be a show off, but I’d like to share with you some pics of my Phillips,
Regards, Billy.

Wow, that's beautiful and rod brakes to boot. I have similar pedals on my '61 Raleigh. Whats the vintage? I'm wondering when they stopped making that style pedal.

i ve got an identical phillips chainset, runnin a 48t sprocket, the left crank has been heated and bent straight tho, it was a free set up though so i cant complain :p. well i can im english :shock:

This kind of bikes are pretty messed up by Bubba around here, so I was very lucky to get this one with good original parts, although the missing ones are very hard to find, for example the head badge.
But she will come along well, right know I’m trying to restore a British old leather seat that will look a lot better than the current Chinese repro.
Cheers, and keep riding!!!

I forgot, if I recollect right, the year of fabrication is given by the two last serial numbers, is that correct? If that’s so, this one is from 1966.

Back