80's Huffy,...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother and I just made amends after not seeing or speaking for about 6 years last week, not really sure why but we just quit talking and hanging out. Well enough with the family drama, he hooked me up with this here early 80's Huffy boys cruiser, American made back when this country and its leaders had a little pride, backbone and dignity pretty good shape to have been left sitting outside about 1/2 mile from salt water for years and years. It actually has a Shimano coaster which I repacked with synthetic grease last night as well as the crankset and headset bearings. I put a new set of whitewalls and tubes, the originals had split to pieces, I also polished up the chrome hoops with some fine grain steel wool and automotive wax as a sort of polish lubricant, no rust on the spokes, came out great, chrome is still a solid 9.4 out of 10. Frame has a few minor pitted places but rides like brand new now,... here she is.
huffy2.jpg

huffy3.jpg

huffy1.jpg

Very nice find! Glad to hear you and your brother made amends. Sounds like you had a very good night indeed!

Latest posts

Back