'81 KOS Kruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found this one on the Bmx Museum a couple of weeks ago. I was posted as a local Craigslist Score. I contacted the owner and a deal was struck. It was done up as an early mountain bike with a 10 speed setup, cruiser bars, road bike stem and motorcycle brake levers. I am convinced the bike was built like this from day one as all the parts were era correct and the entire bike was super clean and mint. I pulled the multi gear setup off for later use on this or another bike and set it up BMX Strandie style with most of the same parts it came except the bars, stem and brake levers. I have a set of NOS Kos Kruiser bars on the way as well as a Mongoose gold stem from my stash. I couldn't bear to ride on the original Cycle Pro Snakebelly tires so I added some studded black wall knobbies for now.

Attachments

• IMG_4407.JPG
    IMG_4407.JPG
    294.3 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    337.7 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_4411.JPG
    IMG_4411.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_4409.JPG
    IMG_4409.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_4410.JPG
    IMG_4410.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 458
Turned out great.

Looks like you're in the same boat as me and the King Sting I found in regards to having a nice back wheel to mess up. I wish someone made some color coded carbon fiber decals to put on the sidewalls of rims to avoid brake rub.

Turned out great.

Looks like you're in the same boat as me and the King Sting I found in regards to having a nice back wheel to mess up. I wish someone made some color coded carbon fiber decals to put on the sidewalls of rims to avoid brake rub.
I am going to ride it, and when the brake rub gets bad I'll turn the rims into shiny side rims.

Back