81' Scrambler - free - as found

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Given to me today, a little Googalge with the serial # and it's a 1981 Giant built Schwinn Scrambler

It's missing some things like OG wheels and has a layer of silver overspray.
But I do have a matching rear snowflake mag
(Is it really sacrilege to put mongoose parts on a Taiwanese Schwinn?)
I think I'll build it...

Carl

The beauty of an 80s Taiwanese "Schwinn" is that you can do whatever you want to it, without remorse.

I got a 1980 Chicago-built Scrambler; just bought the frame to build up after selling a different '80 Scrambler to a co-worker who borrowed it for a pub crawl, and she just had to have it! So, i sold it to her cheap and before she even paid me in full, I grabbed another to replace it. Those early BMX bikes are just too cool.... and I'm once again building it how i want it, without regard to originality....

Cool little bike you got there. Have fun with it. :113:

The beauty of an 80s Taiwanese "Schwinn" is that you can do whatever you want to it, without remorse.

I got a 1980 Chicago-built Scrambler; just bought the frame to build up after selling a different '80 Scrambler to a co-worker who borrowed it for a pub crawl, and she just had to have it! So, i sold it to her cheap and before she even paid me in full, I grabbed another to replace it. Those early BMX bikes are just too cool.... and I'm once again building it how i want it, without regard to originality....

Cool little bike you got there. Have fun with it. :113:
Will do... I've seen some images of some nice color schemed Scramblers. I may do black with blue rubber, seat and grips... I'll murder it out first while I source the blues. We need a good "Show Me your Scrambler" thread...

Carl.

After a couple of hours of wrenchin' and greasin' found me a seat in the stash... and put on the rear mag... it's a roller, not a stopper but a roller. Brakes tomorrow.

Carl.

After a couple of hours of wrenchin' and greasin' found me a seat in the stash... and put on the rear mag... it's a roller, not a stopper but a roller. Brakes tomorrow.

Carl.
those wheels where the bomb then & still today hard to bend one of those & they look great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I been Scramblin' all weekend on my '80... I got some big ol' bars on it (30" wide, 10" of rise), and with'm tilted forward, it almost feels like it fits me.... so long as I don't actually sit on the saddle. too much fun; it's like the fountain of youth....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back