82 REDLINE MX-II

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Dadgum it if someone didn't have to go and list this one yesterday afternoon on the CL. :lol:

Met up with the seller real early this morning to make the trade. Wasn't sure if he'd still have it by this morning, but he was a trusting kind of guy and honored me being the first caller.

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

A cool thing about this bike is that it was sold at the same shop as my red 82 MX-II...

DSC_0023.jpg

_DSC0083.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Nice find..I'm happy for you..It is nice to see honest people who stand behind their word... :wink:

It turns out that he's a fellow "bike guy."

I recognized him from seeing him at a few swap meets around town and we ended up talking bikes for a bit.

It was good to meet him and shoot the breeze.

Some goober gave me the heads up ;)

BTW The bike fund was at zero before this buy so it's time to sell again.

Nice find! What is it with you Texans? I ship one Redline to Texas and now everybody is getting them..... I'm a trend setter 8)

There's got to be something in that Texas water. :lol: Nice work. Any plans of re-dying the mags? They are a little faded.

Honestly....I'm no fan of Skyway mags. :lol:

I'd much rather have a set of gold UKAIs on this bike.

There seems to be a lot of work involved in bringing these Skyways back to life and I'm not sure I'm willing to invest that.

Also I think if the mags were dyed dark blue it would be too much dark blue on the bike.

You got a point there. Some gold UKAI's would look great. I have an old mag that I don't have a mate to and was spray bombed when I got it that I may be painting soon. We'll see how it turns out. Going to lay down a coat of instant chrome in a can and cover it with Duplicolor Metalcast. Try to "Fake it".
rodi_2201_532718625

Latest posts

Back