A Beast - "The Beast"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is, my nickname in high school (and hs football) WAS "The Beast". I was a lineman, 200# at 17yo. So here's my Walmart fresh Mongoose Beast, that I quickly repainted (less than 24 hours).

My question is... did I OVERDUE it with the ape hanger bars?????????????

before

and after

Definitely an attention getter. I bought the bars online knowing I wanted a significant rise, AND I was affraid of buying something too small. Kinda like a tattoo -if your going to do it, GO BIG. But buying online however, I hadn't the chance to inspect them for fit. I had wanted something with arms out straight and comfortable. These ARE comfortable -but a wee outrageous.

Are they toooo ridiculous? or cool???

Like "jayblock" said, your bike your style.. Who cares what others say. If you like the look and feel then pedal away in style Bro.!!!

I think a big bad leather bananna seat is going to complete the beastly look! :)
A U.S. Choppers style choper springer would look pretty beastly also.Big as you are who's gonna tell you differently?
I graduated at 142#s.

yrunupyn.jpg

To give you an idea of what a nanner seat looks like on one. Of course mine is a custom springer.

Ya, the stem is a bit "flexy" with all the torque from the ape hangers -so a stronger bmx stem would be better. I didn't prefer the stock mongoose one that came with it. I'll rethink my options. I saw another beast my silver stem -it's from a diamond back cruiser.

A banana seat has a lot of advantages too -gets one away from the pedals more. if I find an fender seat option that allows me to sit on the tire, that would be sweet.

Latest posts

Back