a can of clearcoat...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just shot a frame with an entire can of clear that cost $20 :shock:

i will let you know what i think of it when it cures and will post pics when i get the bike together...

the stuff is called "spray max"
and has hardener in it...

I have not only been searching for The Link you Posted to the Krylon Metallics...but I have also Checked "Michaels" here and across The Line
in Washington and No luck..

send me The Link with The Picture you posted of That Product Chris..

Can't wait to see the Clear Coat Finish,

peace,
Kev.

hey kev,

it's Dupli-color metal speck paint... not krylon...
got it at walmart for a buck.

just saw on the duplicolor site that they have canadian tire as a retailer

here's the duplicolor page it's on:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalspecks.html

yeah, i gotta say, the $20 clearcoat may be worth every penny... :?

it's super glossy, it almost looks wet... and since it has hardener it is supposed to be more durable...

here is info:http://www.kwasny.de/en/b2/p2400.html

i got mine at NAPA auto parts.

oct

Firewalker said:
Kev

Big Daddy just came over with an old chrome rim and we shot that paint onto it. both red and gold

OH MAN IS IT GREAT!!!!!!!!!

gave it a clear coat ....OH man you should come and see :shock: :shock:

The Same Duplicote Product "October" is using :?:

sorry for the poor indoor pics... i will get some outside in the sun, when i finish the bike...

the paint was a custom mix, put in a rattle can, at the local NAPA...

this does not show the true characteristics of the clear, i wish you guys could see this bike in real life, it is super glossy... this is probably my best paint job yet (of course this just happens to be on a bike that i'm building for someone else...)

DSC02610.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

Ok, now I'm curious....you had a custom color mixed at Napa and they even put it in a rattle can for you??? How much did this cost??? Is this something that most auto paint type stores offer as a service also???

I'm curious, because I had a REALLY awesome color of green that used to be a Krylon color (within the last couple of years I guess) but is now discontinued. I'd love to get some more of this color....in a rattle...since I'm most comfortable with using rattle cans ;)

Also, on the clear, I've heard of a Dupont brand clear called "Jambing Clear" ....which is available in a rattle for using inside door james and such.

Anyone used this clear before???

the NAPA here, does it...

i cant really tell you how much it costs, cause i have 2 friends that work there, and well... ya know... :wink:

yeah, i actually like painting with a rattle can... it doesnt really make sense to me to drag out the gun and compressor to do a bike. this way i can have a cans worth of custom color, without the mixing, thinners, reducers, mess, cleanup, etc.

do you have a NAPA near you? you can go in and look at their chip books, and they can pretty much match whatever colors too...

Yeah, I've got a local NAPA......and a few decent auto paint stores local to me also.....but to be honest, I've never really thought about stopping in there for paint...since most of what I use is either Krylon, or model rattle can paint.

Looks like I need to get out more...lol

Clothespin "n" said:
It too was Loaded buy my someone else for.....NOTHING!
:lol: :lol:

peace,
Kev.

free ninety-nine... :p

i really like the way the paint went on, it had one of those fan nozzles that you could change the fan direction, but the paint itself had a nicer consistency than regular spray paint... and that can of clear topped it off nice :)

Back