a cool day so far...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A cool little story: I was workin in the garage last night and the older neighbor fella from across the street came by. He told me he bought a new bike at an auction and asked if I would take a look at it and wondered if I had an extra balloon tire. I'd seen his other bikes, all very cool and VERY ratty!!Not anything rare or special, Schwinns mostly, ladies frames on most. Well when we get there I see this:
100_0559.jpg

sittin there (this pic was taken after the next part of the story...) An old Columbia with rotten tires but otherwise COOL! So I tell him about Kmart havin tires and today he comes back with 2 tires and tubes. I put them on and put new bearings in the front hub, his were shot, took the chain off and cleaned and lubed it and gave the bike the once over and off he rode. He offered to pay so I asked if I could ride it as payment. WOW!! Springer frontend worked great and this thing can stop on a dime!!! It felt really good to see the smile on his face as he rode away on his new bike!!
100_0558.jpg

Ya know, I don't do ANYTHING expecting something in return...BUT...karma?... I took the Rat Rocket over to the guys house that gave it to me and he really liked it AND gave me the original chainguard back for it, he said it should be on there..he also said I would probably end up with the ladies Cadillac bike that he's got!!! WOW, what a day...

That reminds me of an elderly Sikh gentleman who rode in front of my garage one day while I was fixing a bike and came to me with brake problems. The only thing is that he neither spoke English or French, I don't speak a word of hindu, but we managed to communicate and I fixed his brakes for $5. This went on for 5 years until I moved. Even though we never actually "spoke" to each other, we had a very friendly connection.

Wow! i love that columbia i want one of those chain guards i like how they rap around the whole sprocket, i love that bike!!

hey troy, I usually ride with the guys in the band, offroad mainly. If I wanna go croozin I usually go alone...I'll probably go with the neighbor sometime if he wants to!

Back