A Customers Starlet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a mid 50s Starlet that i'm doing a light restoration on.
026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

029-2.jpg

030-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

032-1.jpg

034-3.jpg

035-2.jpg

I thinks it's really nice! I am building a bike for my sister it's a Schwinn Hollywood and the frame looks almost exactly like that. I want to get a tank like that for hers and was wondering if on the Starlets frame does it have a vertical tube attached to the top and bottom tube hidden behind the tank?

No its the same frame. the tank has a set screw at the bottom that holds the bottom up. Heres a picture of my wifes Hollywood.

SpokesmanBikeClubMeeting8-19-07003.jpg

SpokesmanBikeClubMeeting8-19-07004.jpg

I clearcoated it. She said she just wanted it to shine again.lol The original headlight was the only thing i couldn't save. She left the batteries in it for over ten years and they coroded and rusted out the whole bottom of the light.

Bicyclerick said:
I clearcoated it. She said she just wanted it to shine again.lol The original headlight was the only thing i couldn't save. She left the batteries in it for over ten years and they coroded and rusted out the whole bottom of the light.

if thats the worst that happened to that bike, its still a top notch bike in my book, looks great

Yea, I sure would like to have a light like the original one. That looked in perfect "ratty" condition. I need one for my Roadmaster Skyrider... maybe you've got some laying around?

Latest posts

Back