A Desilu Production

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here I am, I don't know how many other girl builders are entered here but, I decided to give it a go, I am starting with a 57 Schwinn American with a really ugly coat of flamingo ,coral ..paint its ugly, I am learning why my husband is outside so long ,its harder taking them apart then I thought. The hardest part was getting the fork off, the stem did not survive, unfortunately. My husband Jim is going to help me lace up the wheels, that includes a drum brake on the front, more photo's as the build moves forward.
010-6.jpg

006-9.jpg

001-16.jpg

004-13.jpg

009-6.jpg

That's an easy way to get the chain off.. lol. Good luck with the build!

Very Cool! 8)
Looking forward to seeing what you do on your bike . . . can't go wrong with an old Schwinn!
Now that you chopped that old chain to bits, you might want to keep yer eyes open for yard sales and swap meets to find a donor bike . . .you know, in case you need some spare parts. Never hurts to have an extra bike or two laying around . . . :p

Fireproof said:
Very Cool! 8)
Looking forward to seeing what you do on your bike . . . can't go wrong with an old Schwinn!
Now that you chopped that old chain to bits, you might want to keep yer eyes open for yard sales and swap meets to find a donor bike . . .you know, in case you need some spare parts. Never hurts to have an extra bike or two laying around . . . :p
Hey Mark, you know she has joint custody on bike parts :shock: maybe I shouldn't have said that :lol:

I think we got a "ringer" here! The look of determination, on your face, makes me wonder JUST who...is the one that's been building bikes in that house, over the years...I think the cats out of the bag NOW! :lol:

GOOD LUCK!

I will have to post for my wife as she don't get to a computer very often,or get a chance to work on it as much as she would like (someone has to bring money in) but right now its at a standstill till we can get over to Ukiah to take the frame and fenders in to get stripped in the hot tank, and I still need to get to the LBC to order spokes for the drum brake conversion, so hopefully more progress soon.

Back