A few questions, if you don’t mind

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big of a wheel are you thinking? I have had in my head a build using one of those box store Genesis 32" wheels in the back or a 36" if I could find one cheap with the wheel coming up high enough to almost be a back rest. It would be a proper posture reinforcer. Anyway, I was just going to do bolt on drop out additions. I don't know if it would work, but it would try to make it one piece so that it bowed up around the top of the tire in a U shape with the ends reaching around to form the drop out extensions. I didn't figure out how I'd connect to the seat tube and/or seat stays. If I could weld, it would be easy.
I was thinking a wheel and tyre from one of those big snow wheel bikes or something. Almost wanting to make a circus monstrosity. I am seeing potential for near recumbent seating.

If this frame were in better knick as far as originality is concerned as well as the availability of the pin that the beam flexes, it would be a different story. Hence the desire to do something with this.

I was thinking a wheel and tyre from one of those big snow wheel bikes or something. Almost wanting to make a circus monstrosity. I am seeing potential for near recumbent seating.

If this frame were in better knick as far as originality is concerned as well as the availability of the pin that the beam flexes, it would be a different story. Hence the desire to do something with this.
With a fat rear wheel, width might your enemy here rather than diameter.

If the frame originally took 700c wheels then a 24 or 26 rim should easily fit. Once you put a 3-4" tire on it, maybe not so much? :39:

There's one out there...
View attachment 143080
For reals!
There's quite a few. Mostly built around scooters or small capacity engines : /

I started on plans to build one around a honda cruiser 12-15 years ago, realistically it was never going to happen though.
Screenshot_20201101-161322_OneDrive.jpg

Sorry for the sidetrack bunnyman

There's quite a few. Mostly built around scooters or small capacity engines : /

I started on plans to build one around a honda cruiser 12-15 years ago, realistically it was never going to happen though.
View attachment 143084

Sorry for the sidetrack bunnyman
Cool content is fine with me, mate!

This qualifies!

The goal is an exchange in ideas. Tangents are easy to come by here.

Last edited:
With a fat rear wheel, width might your enemy here rather than diameter.

If the frame originally took 700c wheels then a 24 or 26 rim should easily fit. Once you put a 3-4" tire on it, maybe not so much? :39:
That is what I have to think about. So many choices. If I could do a 2.5” wide tyre using a 24” rim and a stay extension, it could work. Gotta do a mock up.

Latest posts

Back