A fixie at walmart?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While at work at Walmart I stopped to say hi to my former partner in bike assembly and showed me the new bike that just came in. He didn't even have it open yet so I tore into it. A black frame with 1 yellow tire on a red rim and 1 red tire on a yellow rim. Not only is this craze big enough for the box stores Pacific Cycle is getting daring on design.

The Denali road bikes at Walmart are easy to convert to fixie. The have nice slotted rear dropouts.

my local wallyworld has one of those ronald mcdonald rides too. and the hub is installed with the freewheel-side driven.

axsepul said:
hey, i have to ask. how do you feel when everybody just hate on walmart's bike assembly? :shock:

sorry
Wow I haven't been here in a while. Trust me I've had to fix so many things done wrong by other assemblers that I am right there bashing them. Had one overnight guy that finally moved to stocking, 5 years in assembly and still couldn't adjust shifters.

I most enjoy when people post pics of forks or handlebars installed backward so that with the bars facing correct the fork is turned around and the tire is so close to the frame.

I thought it looked like a decent bike. You can run it with the freewheel or flip the rear wheel and run the fixed gear. I'm sure it doesn't have top dollar components but I'd imagine it functions fine. If I got one I'd definitely go over it thoroughly before actually riding it. Tighten nuts and bolts and make sure all adjustments are correct. It might be a good idea to remove the crank and clean and regrease the bearings with some decent grease since most Walmart bikes come with cheap somewhat stiff grease.

Latest posts

Back