A great saturday morning

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a great saturday morning. Got to watch some hot air balloons flying while on my route, then something told me to stop by a yard sale down the street from my house and see if they had any bikes. No bikes being sold at the sale but as I was walking back to my truck I spied some bikes behind the guys shed. Went back over and talked to the guy and asked if he would sale them, we went around and looked at them. long story short I walked away with these and a roadmaster mtn bike (had to take all or none) for $35
schwinn typhoon, ladies hawthorne and a western flyer 24 inch. Haven't checked any of them out yet just unloaded and got pics.

Have to get my mtn bike on the stand and see why the rear hub is acting up. Then I plan to check out the cantilevers, The guy told me the typhoon was his as a kid so Im guessing its early 70s not sure about the others

After a couple hours of elbow grease it lives again. Still have to straighten the forks.

Started messing with the girls hawthorne and got a surprise it has a set of german made schwinn rims on it.

Good score. I do a lot of yard sales. I always ask if they have any bikes for sale. Surprising how often they say they forgot to roll them out for the sale.

Latest posts

Back