a low buck Fixie!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my employees was gonna toss this in the dumpster....English lightweight lugged frame, Cinelli bars and stem, Shimano 105 calipers & levers, and some decent Nashbar 27" wheels.....so, I saved it from death, robbed an old Raliegh Record residing in the attic of its crank arms and front chain ring, hit the LBS for a single gear freewheel, chain and a new front tube, and dug a seat out of the "parts bins'. And promptly gave it to my step son, who promptly put 20 miles on it...today!!!

100_0274.jpg

100_0272.jpg

100_0271.jpg

100_0270.jpg

good save, i cant believe he was going to toss it in the dumpster. one man's trash is another man's treasure. 8)

Showed these pics today to the guy who was going to pitch it, and he says "wow, that came out nice...." and I'm like.....HELLO??? MCFLY???? We are Rat Rodders....We save bikes from wasteful and untimely deaths. he says it was in his way, taking up space......his loss, our gain!

the tape is kinda neat...wrapped the cables too, the shimano 105 levers accomodated this...its nice padded stuff.......the color went well with the frame.....

HOLY GEARING BATMAN :shock: :shock: :shock: Must be a 52t or something close?

Nice save and a great build. It's good to see another cool bike saved from the dump.

-Mp

My question is How much are you paying your employees so that they can toss money into the garbage? lol

52T up front with a 19T freewheel in the back...takes a little grunt from a dead stop, but she flies like the wind once rolling..

Beleive it or not, one of the master technicians in my auto shop was disposing of this bike.....AFTER he added the Shimano 105 brake group, headset and bottom bracket, the Cinelli drop bars and stem.....I guess he just gave up on it...GOOD FOR ME!!! :D

Latest posts

Back