A question about the rules

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know that almost every bike I've built for the RRBBO class 1 has come within a hair's breadth of being kicked into class 2, so I wanted some clarity. Specifically for the "Skinny Tire" category. Are we required to use a standard production, unmodified frame, or is it a little more "open class"?

I know that almost every bike I've built for the RRBBO class 1 has come within a hair's breadth of being kicked into class 2, so I wanted some clarity. Specifically for the "Skinny Tire" category. Are we required to use a standard production, unmodified frame, or is it a little more "open class"?
SWBO - SKINNY WHEEL BUILD OFF
  • Tire width under 1.5" or 40mm
  • Anything else goes
😉

SWBO - SKINNY WHEEL BUILD OFF
  • Tire width under 1.5" or 40mm
  • Anything else goes
😉
Most excellent
Evil-Plotting-Raccoon.jpg

Skinny class is gonna be the BOMB this year. It's UNLIMITED except for tires width!
Burritos and Penny Farthings in the same class. Pedal powered punks on slim goodies. Grease it up and GO!

Skinny Class has me all a shimmer! I'm going to promote this one early, probably on some Schwinn fan pages and single speed pages and hipster pages on facebook where these guys :heart: skinny bike builds. Hope we see some really creative stuff ! Everything from an elegant Randonneur touring build to grimy, blacked out urban fixie to city bike to small wheeled, skinny tired portable ( foldable?) to custom, crazy-framed clown to stealth single speed.

Did I miss anything? :21:

@GuitarlCarl , was this class your idea? I remember you mentioning it early on. @Captain Awesome had it in his trifecta of builds poll for the WBO. But I can't remember where it originated from? Nonetheless, it's a good one!

Yes, @OddJob I think I mentioned it first. Seems like it caught on quickly. I'm glad, I've had this big o' Nishiki frame for a long time just waiting for me to shoehorn it into a class somehow. It's finally time for the Kaiju build.

Latest posts

Back