ahoy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I'm joining the Boys Club here, but hopefully I'm not completely alone!

Just a girl from Canada attempting to get a 1964 Schwinn Hollywood back up and running...this site has had some good inspiration and hopefully can help a bit now that I'm on my own with the project!

I really don't know very much about technical aspects of bikes - most of what I know has been gathered from Google as none of my friends here are into them; cars yes, bikes no. So if my questions are really obvious, please forgive me!

Welcome!...One of our TOP builders is a "girl"...HotRodJen. Plus check out the skills from anticonformity, an accomplished builder at a very young age.

Welcome aboard!

On your own with your project? Sounds like someone backed out and left you hanging. That's ok, when you get your Hollywood just right, don't let them ride it. And besides, you have more than enough help right here now. Do you plan on restoring or customizing your bike?

Wildcat said:
On your own with your project? Sounds like someone backed out and left you hanging. That's ok, when you get your Hollywood just right, don't let them ride it. And besides, you have more than enough help right here now. Do you plan on restoring or customizing your bike?

My ex started it - I don't drive and live in an apartment SO he took it and got it re-chromed, chrome was peeling off a lot of it, as well as painted. It's satin black with mint-ish rims now. He also redid the hubs. I have to get the wheels together and the basics like a seat and grips. Nothing too complex left really!

ahoyyy there ! :) glad to see another girl on the board if ya have questions ask away everyone on here is very helpful . i actually didnt know anything about taking a bicycle apart or all that jazz until a few years ago and like you i was up the creek with out a paddle and my mom had this book laying around and it covers pretty much everything you would need to know pictures and all

New Fix-It-Yourself Manual: How to Repair, Clean, and Maintain Anything and Everything In and Around Your Home ( readers digest) can be found on amazon.com

take care - hotrod jen

Welcome to the forum :D As a couple other people said, ask questions, we can help ya out :wink:

Welcome ruebyretro! :D Kudos for finishing your bike yourself, try Hugo's step-by-step plan for Wheel Lacing . . . viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2887&p=27578#p30168 It's about halfway down this page. Seems to work better then a 'how-to' on youtube.
Oh, and it's not a boys club if us gals stick together. :wink:

Back