Ahoy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, guys. My name is Scott, I'm 43 (44 on the 11th), and live in the Phoenix area. From about 8th grade through our mid 20s, my best friend and I used to build all kinds of crazy (and usually dangerous:D) chopper bicycles. Eventually other stuff pushed my passion for weird and wonderful bikes aside. When the OCC Stingray came out I bought one, did some minor customization on it, and then got sidetracked with other interests again. Just a few weeks ago I decided to clean the old girl off and take her for a spin. Something clicked and my interest was rekindled in a big way. I now have a bunch of parts coming from ebay to tweak the 'ray to my current tastes. :rockout: Anyhow, while looking around the web at what kinds of stuff people were doing with their bikes these days, I discovered Mongoose's wonderful new(ish) fat bike line: Beast, Dolomite, and Massif. I love the uberfat tires on bikes, so these are right up my alley. When I started searching out more info on these bikes I came across this place, and it looks like there are plenty of kindred spirits here. :cool2: I broke down and ordered a Massif (I love being only 5'9"), so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions in the near future. I hope you doodz will welcome me aboard.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Frankie, sadly I do not have pics. These were pre-mobile/cell phone days, so you actually had to find a camera, take your pics, then wait for them to be developed. :D I don't think it ever occurred to us to take pics of them anyway. We'd build them and ride them around until we got tired of them and redid them or they broke (which happened more than once). :(:p

Lol. Will do. :D And thanks for the welcome. :cool2:

Back