Airman Loop Tail & Schwinn Cruiser 5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I picked up this '40 or '41 Monark 4 bar Airman loop tail over the weekend from my friend 65rat. It didn't come easy, I had to let go of my Swing bike in trade but now I have 4 of the Monark 4 bar - 5 bar models.
A mens Airman Comet twin suspention 5 bar, a regular mens Monark 5 bar, both 39's with the pencil front fork and a 41 girls Monark regular 4 bar, and this loop tail Airman 4 bar. Now just need to get them restored..ouch!

DSC00670.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

Then went junkin' yesterday and found this "85 Schwinn Cruiser 5 out back of an antique store in Greenwood. Chains rusty and tires flat but looks pretty much OG, even still has the cheezy 80s beach cruiser foam on the bars and a big ol red bow left over from Christmas.

DSC00665.jpg

As far as I know kustom your the only person with a twin suspension 5 bar, Lucky man

Great score! Love the loop tail monarks I keep going back to the one on ebay and hovering my finger over the buy it now
Telling myself its just another bike. I would love to see progress on your 5 bar twin suspension maybe a few pics?

Nick.

Re: Airman Loop Tail & Schwinn Cruiser 5

Ditto. Lets see some pics.

I do love the loop tails. Beauty of a bike there. Love the Airman badge too; kinda puts the cherry on top.

1918 Ranger

Nickinator said:
As far as I know kustom your the only person with a twin suspension 5 bar, Lucky man

Great score! Love the loop tail monarks I keep going back to the one on ebay and hovering my finger over the buy it now
Telling myself its just another bike. I would love to see progress on your 5 bar twin suspension maybe a few pics?

Nick.

No real progress yet to show on the Airman 5 bar. My partner and I were planning on starting the tear down and clean up for restoration earlier this winter but do to being busy with other projects havent got started yet. We'll be sure to post a build thread (probably over on the CABE) once we start. Anyway, here are a few pictures that have been posted before for those that have never seen it.

DSC00138-1.jpg

DSC00139-1.jpg

DSC00144-1.jpg

[/img]
Redd said:
The cheezy foam bars are really cool. I might put some on my rat. :lol:
I don't mean cheezy in a bad way, I'll actually probably leave it on since it's not all tore up like usual. As a matter of fact I'll probably just clean this one up put a new chain on it and leave it all original, although it is so fun and easy to add a few things and have a Cruiser 5 that looks like an old bike from the 50's. Here is the one I did a couple years ago for my son.

DSC01080.jpg

10~18 Kustoms said:
Nickinator said:

Nick.

No real progress yet to show on the Airman 5 bar. My partner and I were planning on starting the tear down and clean up for restoration earlier this winter but do to being busy with other projects havent got started yet. We'll be sure to post a build thread (probably over on the CABE) once we start. Anyway, here are a few pictures that have been posted before for those that have never seen it.
God that bike makes my spine shiver thats awesome.

Latest posts

Back