Airplane Handlebar Ornament + '35 Dayton (by request)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Got this thing in the mail today. Bigger than I expected but very cool in my opinion!

011713101147.jpg

Re: Airplane Handlebar Ornament

Neat stuff like that I think is what i love most about this hobby(and riding them of course).I scour everywhere I can to find cool accessories.Super cool find.
-Kreep-

blackdiamond said:
Can you post more pics of that sweet dayton? :mrgreen:

Here's a semi-recent pic. I can share more tomorrow.

111512114936.jpg

I like the airplane ornament and come to think of It ohdeedee I dont think I have ever seen any of your bikes?

Nick.

I'm not one to show off, but if you look hard enough they're all online.

The plane is a B-29 Superfortress. That's the kind of plane that dropped the nukes on Japan in '45. Gary

I think I'll just glue a snap-together onto my handlebar and call it a day. :lol:

Peatbog said:
That plane is very cool even if it is large. My plane is wee in comparison:

That's a nice little plane too. I got find me one.

All original bike aside from the plane and light setup.

011813102656.jpg

011813102737.jpg

011813102807.jpg

011813102753.jpg

That would have been General Paul Tibbets who passed away in 2007. His grandson, Paul Tibbets IV was also a bomber pilot who flew B2 "Stealth" Bombers.

Peatbog said:
B607 said:
The plane is a B-29 Superfortress. That's the kind of plane that dropped the nukes on Japan in '45. Gary

Somewhere around 10 years ago, I met the guy who flew the plane that dropped the first atom bomb. It was at an airshow in Akron, Ohio. It was really cool to be there looking history right in the eye. He was signing his books if you bought one, so I have the book he wrote signed by him. The book is actually very good also.

Latest posts

Back