all orrigional rollfast bike I need help with identifying year believe possibly fifty'S

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an all orrigional rollfast bike i believe to be a fourty's or fifty's model. I have looked and looked and I just cant find a simular bike to compare it to. It may be older or newer, I have seen 30's bikes with simular features. It has very thin tires, n a moderatly thin frame. I can't figure out how to upload pics, but can email them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Photobucket is easiest to upload pictures. Thin tires and frame leads me to believe 70's? But you can't really guess with just a description. If the rear dropouts are forward facing then most likely lake 60's through the 70's. If the rear droupouts are rear facing, than 20's-30's.

rollfast has had thin frames throughout their lineage even during the balooner years

best bet like euphman mentioned is to get photobucket and post some pics. it takes a few mins and is worth it

my skinny rollfast ... i have two tankers as well
DSC03153_zps8ed1d470.jpg

That "ball bearing" badge would be early 50s or older. It may have the year coded in reverse on the BB, something like "05 EH" would be 1950. -Adam

That "ball bearing" badge would be early 50s or older. It may have the year coded in reverse on the BB, something like "05 EH" would be 1950. -Adam

Rustinkeer what does bb stand for?

I never heard of anyone decoding the rollfast date code. How sure are you?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rear dropouts is going to be where the rear axle is sitting, BB is where the bearings and crank sit.

Last edited:
The bottom bracket is the round part where the cranks go through the frame. I hunted around for Snyder serial number info and didn't find anything except the earlier bikes numbers may indicate the year in reverse as stated above by Rustinkerer.

Thanks guys.. I had never heard it referred to as the bottom bracket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back