All Red & White Tires ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question is for those that ride their bikes on a daily basis. I love the all red as well
as the white tires on some of my bikes which I ride daily. I would like to know what you use to
clean the tires to maintain their color.

15i9pxj.png

Mostly the all-white tires.
3311z68.png

The part that touches the ground will eventually
turn dark & will look like the whitewall.

I guess there's not much that can be done !!

clean with soapy water, not all but most white tires will turn brownish after a while, the brick red grand tycoons will turn reddish/pink in the sun after time too.

Just my experience

CCR said:
clean with soapy water, not all but most white tires will turn brownish after a while, the brick red grand tycoons will turn reddish/pink in the sun after time too.

Just my experience

Thanks for the sincere response. I say that because on other forums...the replies
are mostly sarcastic.
I guess the part of the tire that touches the ground will eventually turn black
especially on an all white tire & nothing can be done & I love to ride my bikes.
I do like that the tires will age to the colors you mentioned.

regards,
joe

no prob joe, I've used bleech white on the whites before and it doesnt do a whole lot more than just plain soap will. The cream colored tires seem to "brown" the most. the bright white tires like you find on 20" girls bikes from wal-mart dont turn color too much, just get dirty and the white dulls a little.

I think the best thing to do is keep them out of the sun to prevent the color changing.

Well, if you want them to look perfect for show. buy 2 sets. If you plan on riding them get used to the road blacking, nothing you can do about it(aside from not using them).
Not being a smart _____. That's just the way it goes with colored tires.

sensor said:
Well, if you want them to look perfect for show. buy 2 sets. If you plan on riding them get used to the road blacking, nothing you can do about it(aside from not using them).
Not being a smart _____. That's just the way it goes with colored tires.

You're right & It was just the kid in me wanting the best of both worlds...
riding & still have them look clean. Extra pr. is next best thing.

I do have USA made original tires & tubes that I don't use except for display only. It's just
too painful to wear em out & not being able to find another original tires made here in US.

Latest posts

Back