AMC ODD BALL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This bike was at the Pate Swap Meet last week...got it for $30.

The frame is an Avenger/Evel K. frame, but everything else is debatable. I'm guessing someone ditched the girder fork and got creative.

One cool aspect is the heavy gauge spokes which usually aren't the norm for dept. store BMX bikes of this era. The tires are cool, but a bit crusty.

Thinking 70s loaf BMX seat for this one. :D

amf001a.jpg

Can you see any decals left on the Evel bike. I just built one of these. The second one I built. They should have a loaf type seat on it. The sissy bar connects under it. It could have been a 250 Avenger. They had regular forks and handlebars not the girder type on the 350 and Evel bikes. It should have Sun Metal rims on it. I have a correct type seat for this bike if you need it. Not correct color but they are new and free. LMK. Cool Score.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201343336034?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited:
Very cool find! Rat Rod BMX Build?

And did someone say loaf seat?!? Just picked this up today! If you need it, cheap!

d1ea992cf4b04c368ff984140029e9a4.jpg

The way those stems have been selling I would say that bike is a "home run" for sure. But it's cool too. Can't wait to see your magic water trick!

Latest posts

Back