American Pickers moment

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wasn't exactly hard to find, and I didnt have to drive anywhere either so I guess I cheated. My great grandma used to have a childrens clothing shop that closed down in the early 70s. Found this sign in the barn attic, dad said my great grandma ordered this sign when she first opened up, except she refused it because it didn't say Ellis's :roll: Anywho, now Ive got a brand new 50 something year old sign :lol:

Thanks for being hard to please Great Grandma :)

IMG_4769.jpg

outskirtscustoms said:
Cool sign, I'd try to mod it to say Elgin.... :mrgreen:

The cool part is that it's his last name.

I think you need to mount it above your front door and wire it up...ha ha.

The neighbors would love you. :lol:

Rat Rod said:
.... I think you need to mount it above your front door and wire it up...ha ha.

The neighbors would love you. :lol:

The neighbors probably wouldn't mind too much, I'm just afraid it would end up being a rock magnet to the neighborhood kids :lol:

It'll likely just end up getting wired up in the shop.

:shock: wow that is really cool ! what was your fist reaction ? what a great piece of familly history. awesome sign.

My great grandpa used to have a body shop (those were all current year cars at the time of the pic) I was really poking around up there for old car parts ...

IMG_4771.jpg

It wasn't what I was looking for, but really cool none the less and I was tickled pink to find it, Honeslty I just thought WOW, Megans not going to let me drag this home :lol: but she thinks it's pretty cool too, though I doubt it will ever end up inside the house Jim, and the porch is too small :mrgreen:

That'd be going in my living room :mrgreen:
That's an idea for ya :idea:

Latest posts

Back