AMVETS Swap meet in Palmer Ma.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Went to the Swap meet in Palmer Ma. AMVETS Post #74 this past Sunday (23 March). It was small but there were lots of great vintage bikes and parts. Met some real nice people and best of all bought some great stuff I really needed. I got two skip tooth chains 2 for 20 (Who hoo), bought a vintage white rear mud flap that cleaned up super nice (5 bucks). Lastly, I got an metal advertisement for tires that you sit a tire in....super cool, and only 20 bucks!!! (again, Who Hoo). Two issues, it was a bit cold for this time of year and I forgot to look for a set of Ape hangers for my project. This was my 1st Bicycle swap meet so I don't have a point of reference as to what I should have expected..but, for me it was stinkin' great!!! Can't wait for he next one (still need ape hangers) ...where ever that may be!

BART

Hey Bart, I may have bumped into you Sunday. I was pushing the JC Higgins
around in the pics. The next swap is in Copake ,NY Friday April 4.
My friends ride are crazy bikes on Sundays outta Simsbury and Cheshire,
Cruze speed and stops for lunch and bev. Some Sat nite rides too.
...Stevil

Bart, glad your first swap was a pleasant one.

Steve, I want to ride with you guys someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, what Ian said! I know of a couple of great little hidden watering holes here in Simsbury!

yeah, what Ian said! I know of a couple of great little hidden watering holes here in Simsbury!
Let’s have another Simsbury Ride then; last year’s was :cool2:!

simsburylisasfirstridewbigbro0101_zpsa031f6fb.jpg

simsburylisasfirstridewbigbro0191_zps4b99dc70.jpg

That was a great ride :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a great ride indeed, especially when you rode your cruiser down that steep embankment; I need to hand it to you Joel, it was impressive seeing you do that! :praise:

Let’s set-up a preliminary date for another Simsbury Ride – last year’s ride took place on April, 21st. We could make it deeper into the season, the reason being the interminable length of this winter and the NoHo Ride next Sunday. How would a Sunday morning/afternoon or Saturday evening ride in early May sound to you guys?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back