Anchors Aweigh AKA Fighting Checkmates - Riding toward the finish line!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This one is going to be a tribute to my son, Airman Georden C Cordle of the Fighting Checkmates of VFA-211 out of Oceana, VA. He and I were going to enter last year as he was not supposed to leave until August. They offered him a bunch of money to join early which derailed our plans. He's always been my hands-on bike building buddy and he will be solely missed.
I still need to get the donor bike down out of the loft in the barn and will post soon. I'm thinking Navy themed or Fighter Jet themed.
Geo Navy.jpg
10419587_10154572084175363_7811522710027969554_n.jpg

This one is going to be a tribute to my son, Airman Georden C Cordle of the Fighting Checkmates of VFA-211 out of Oceana, VA. He and I were going to enter last year as he was not supposed to leave until August. They offered him a bunch of money to join early which derailed our plans. He's always been my hands-on bike building buddy and he will be solely missed.
I still need to get the donor bike down out of the loft in the barn and will post soon. I'm thinking Navy themed or Fighter Jet themed.
Subscribed

Looks like a great start!

I wore green stripes when I was new to the Navy also. Long time ago, early 80's.

The bike looks like a Murray frame, Rollfast Chainwheel, and CWC shockmaster fork. Perfect!

Congrats! I built my Navy girl a bike and got it done right before she left almost 2 years ago, now.

she’s in the Navy Nurse Corps and is stationed in Bremerton, WA after a short deployment to San Diego.

best of luck on your build And to your son.
Thank you for the kind words. Thank your daughter for her service for me.
was your bike Navy themed?

Thank you for the kind words. Thank your daughter for her service for me.
was your bike Navy themed?
Thanks! No problem! Likewise for your son! Tell him to enjoy my tax dollars to the fullest!!!! :heart:

my daughter is a tiny bug. The bike is just red, white and blue, no specific theme.

It’s 24” women’s cruiser. -she can use it to hop around paved trails on or do quick errands. It’s Super handy for her petite frame.

lots of patina, new drive train, seat, bars, etc. some neat creature features.

I look forward to seeing your build.
https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/rolumbiafast.114503/
https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/24”-girls-rolumbiafast-not-rollfast-or-columbia.114096/

Great blend of parts on the bike to start with. I know you'll do you son proud!

Latest posts

Back