Another 36" cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipton

Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
On my Ride to work I pass a little bike shack on the Lake front path..

They do small repairs, rent and sell some bikes....

Sunday going down to work they had this sitting out front....
miscbikes001.jpg

Thing is Huge ! the guy didn't know the brand just that they picked it up at
Vegas interbike has no logos

The tires are a different brand then Coker but I don't remember what :roll:

Has the super wide hubs
miscbikes002.jpg

Geared for the huge wheels
miscbikes003.jpg

Comparing shot
miscbikes004.jpg

Are 36" wheels a by-product of some other form of cycling or is this a one-off "for looks" frame design. I've seen the mountain bikers go mad with their 69ers and 96ers but there is some merit to that. Then the single speed crowd making 27" tires popular. But 36" rims? :roll: It's like the big wheels on car guys. They started off using 22.5" semi wheels until they could start getting people to manufacture them at a realistic price. Then they went 23s, then 24s, now well into the 30s. Show is show, but too much is too much. Was it build for a really tall guy?

That's a cool one. I saw it at someone's booth but can't recall who's. The person who had it said they bought it as a display piece to draw attention. He said thier was only 10 made. The frame was so heavily powder coated it looked like a turkey roasting pan. I'm 5'9" and it was too tall with the seat all the way down, saved me a $1000!

the monster truck of cruisers! seems proportioned well, without your comparison pic its hard to see how big it is. problem is, seat is higher than the 36" tire, and im a 32"inseam. :cry: but still a very cool ride! 8)

Devil's Toupe said:
Are 36" wheels a by-product of some other form of cycling or is this a one-off "for looks" frame design. I've seen the mountain bikers go mad with their 69ers and 96ers but there is some merit to that. Then the single speed crowd making 27" tires popular. But 36" rims? :roll: It's like the big wheels on car guys. They started off using 22.5" semi wheels until they could start getting people to manufacture them at a realistic price. Then they went 23s, then 24s, now well into the 30s. Show is show, but too much is too much. Was it build for a really tall guy?

36" wheel & tire comes from the Freeride Unicycle Crowd

The big wheel is how they get a high gear. And it help with the bumps

Kris Holms is the Man!!!

Check out his video :shock: :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPznTbus3g

This is the 36" Unicycle Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-79013q6Fo

One of my fellow Coasters BC members has a Coker Monster and I got a chance to ride it this past weekend. While it is outlandishly huge I still want one. Shoot, I want several- one to make a 36" burrito, one to make a 36-26 Super Krate, one to make Huge rear steer tandem, 36" tall bike, and the list goes on!

I understand Coker actually came up with that tire size for the Wheelman bike, which was a penny-farthing style, then also made the unicycle and their Monster Cruiser. I say "made" because they sold them, but I think they just had the bikes made overseas.

A couple of years ago, I saw some other unicycle company with a monster cruiser in their line-up also, quite likely made by the same Chinese firm that made Coker's.

I've never seen one in person, but it looks like on the Coker cruisers, the frame is not especially "big" in terms of rider size- the seat is built down low on the bike. This one could be different, or maybe they're bigger than they look.

(Edit: I think that was Qu-ax, they don't have a cruiser in their current lineup, but have a copy of the Wheelman penny-farthing.)

Latest posts

Back