Another Aussie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'day Rat Rodders, my name is Robby (aka BASTY, aka Hey you, guy with the weird bike!) I'm from the Yarra valley ,south east of Melbourne. I started mucking around with bikes again about a year and a half ago, a couple of restores and a few builds, now I've got 12 bikes (is that wrong?) and junkers and parts coming out of my ears.
So now I've found rat rod bikes, happy times.
My big thing lately has been swing bikes (cause they're funner). For those that don't know, swing bikes, in a nut shell, are built with a second articulation at the seat tube so they can swing out either side (see swing bikes on YouTube). So I saw the Rat Rod Bikes gallery and thought, Hey! Rat Rod Swingers come on down. Love that rat rod style and make em swing for a bit MORE fun.
All my bikes except my mountain bike (sorry is that a rude word around here?) are from hard rubbish, the tip or the scrap yard, I just hate seeing useful stuff go to waste. The fun you can have in the shed just building something cool out of stuff other people chuck out.
So any way thats me, looking forward to saying G'day,
BASTY 76
p.s I'll try and post some pics in the galley if i can (imagine a chimp banging the top of a computer with a hammer, thats me)

Welcome from 'The Land up Above'! :lol: Love ur swings! 8) 8) 8) 8)
L8 EM

Hey Dude!,Welcome aboard! I don't think there is anyone on this site that thinks 12 bikes is too many.I am up to that myself,Give or take 5!

BASTY 76 said:
I started mucking around with bikes again about a year and a half ago, a couple of restores and a few builds, now I've got 12 bikes (is that wrong?) and junkers and parts coming out of my ears.
Welcome to Ratdom. I did about the same my first year. You are on good start. especially with the welder.

Welcome to the group. Swingers are cool... rat swingers are cooler.

Finally another Melburn Ratter......

Im over in Werribee, have a decent group of mates into lowies and similar based more around Fitzroy (just happens to be where Locolowriders is!!).

Hey Jetro, where have loco low riders moved to? They used to be at 50 Brunswick st didn't they?

Thanks mate I'll go check out the new joint.

Hello and Welcome!

I looked on "Babel Fish" http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

and there was no place to translate Auzi to english..... lolol so you will fit in great!

I look forward to seeing you show us some RatRod swingers.....(does this mean we have to put our car keys in a bowel now?????) :wink: :lol:

FW

Firewalker said:
(does this mean we have to put our car keys in a bowel now?????)

It really hurts having keys in your bowel! Putting them in is bad enough, but getting them out is much, much worse. I prefer to use a bowl for swingers parties myself!

Back