Another Canuck :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

I'm Brooke and I currently live in Calgary, Alberta. I don't have a lot of experience building and restoring bikes but I've been having fun fixing up my ladies 1942 CCM Rambler. I wish I had a few more to fiddle around with but that lack of room in my condo kind of puts a damper on that idea. I ride with a bunch of guys who build custom bikes or rebuild vintage ones so they're a great resource for me.

Here's a before picture (I've added the basket, a new seat and handlebar grips). The blue plastic portion you see under the seat is a Calgary bicycle license from 1951

4663823378_461784c5de_b.jpg

I've since added NOS chrome fenders from a 1968 CCM Rambler and I'm in the process of tracking down some whitewalls that will fit the old wheels (I think I've found some out in Vancouver) and if I can't get WWs I'll pick up a set of cream tires. I'm also planning on repainting the chainguard a creamy-white to match the lower portion of the new back fender and maybe adding some pinstripping on it to match the original gold pinstripes on the bike. Once I have a new pic, I'll post it up :)

Happy Riding!

Brooke (Stream13)

Latest posts

Back