Another day at the office....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_7013%20%28Large%29.JPG

Yup, that's me behind the wheel of an 04 Lamborghini Murcielago. However, it won't go anywhere because it's crashed. The driver before me has already taken it off-road.

100_7010%20%28Large%29.JPG

I work as a Field Appraiser for a very popular internet based auto insurance company. I cover the entire county and come across some very interesting crashed cars. It's my job to write up the damage appraisals. There's a salvage yard in my territory that I visit on a regular basis to appraise totaled cars and from time-to-time, I come across some high-end or classic vehicles. Luckily, today I wasn't there to write up this Lambo. It would be an appraiser's nightmare to write up on of those. The bumpers alone are in excess of $10k.

Last month, I came upon this burnt MG in the same yard. Looks like the fire started in the interior, possibly due to some faulty electrical issue in the dashboard.

100_5763.JPG

This is just a partial shot of the yard. The yard continues to span another 90 degrees to the right and left respectively. On hot summer days, they'll usually let me drive around the lot. That is when I have most of my fun!

100_7017%20%28Large%29.JPG

More pictures HERE

we dont have the same job :p
it doesnt matter on T/Ls, but your the guy who comes out to my shop for a reinspect/supp. and want to gig me an hour or 2 on a quarter that's really on the fence of bein' replaced.and than you say 600 bucks for a wheel??!! didja try LKQ? of course i did, they're all trashed. well, there's gotta be A/M or recon out there... Nope. not right now. here's my no QT#.

of course i'm just funnin' w/ ya man. :lol:

beatcad said:
we dont have the same job :p
it doesnt matter on T/Ls, but your the guy who comes out to my shop for a reinspect/supp. and want to gig me an hour or 2 on a quarter that's really on the fence of bein' replaced.and than you say 600 bucks for a wheel??!! didja try LKQ? of course i did, they're all trashed. well, there's gotta be A/M or recon out there... Nope. not right now. here's my no QT#.

of course i'm just funnin' w/ ya man. :lol:

I feel your pain. I'm pretty fair when it comes to writing a sheet, but I do have to follow this thing called "guidelines". They're not the ten commandments, though. As long as I can document why I'm getting away from the "guidelines", then it's all good. I've learned to get pretty creative over the years. Plus, I also know what it takes to repair a car. I grew up around cars. My dad was a mechanic for a few decades and been around body shops too.

I got bills to pay and so do you. That's why I try to fair. Most of the shop's around here know me and like dealing with me because I'm not out there to shaft them. I know how the business works. That 4 hr dent on the door gets done in 2-3 hrs by your tech... It's a cat and mouse game.

They call it "negotiating". I call it "hustling".

Being on the insurance end has it's advantages. If I ever go to work for a shop, I'll know what to say and do in order to the the "extra" stuff that shop's either don't ask for or insurance company don't pay for (unless asked). Get to know the P-Pages, my friend. You'll see your profits increase slightly.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Why do the british drink warm beer?

Because they have Lucas refrigerators :D

I know, it's an old joke.......

Latest posts

Back