Another new guy, from Arizona

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at this forum for quit some time, but never thought I was worthy to post. The bikes pictured by you all are truly works of love and art. Although my collection is not up to yours by any comparison, but I feel I am a rookie and now can post with a bit of respect. My collection includes: Two 1980 Schwinn Cruiser 5's with rear drum brakes, 1974 Schwinn cruiser rat rod, 1964 Schwinn Tiger (my home grown klunkerz), 1977 Huffy Santa Fe (Please don't laugh, bought it for $15 on Craigslist and it is completely stock and was the year Huffman Corp changed to Huffy Corp), vintage Portabike (Italian folding bike), vintage Raleigh Sport three speed, and a home made tandem made from two 1950ish JC Higgins welded together that I bought from a 60+ yr old woman who's father made it for her when she was 13. With all my bikes, I took them all apart, cleaned, greased and rebuilt them, but I kept the finish original, except the Tiger, I repainted it as the PO sanded the paint off, except the forks and the chain guard, which I did not repaint. My first restoration was a 1972 Schwinn Breeze that I traded for an original water color piece of art from an artist here in Arizona and friend of my wife's. It was a good trade. But from there, my passion for restoring vintage bikes has taken off. I understand the addiction, but it is a healthy one. Pictures to follow...

A Huffy?! Hahahahaha. Loser. :p

JK :wink: :mrgreen:

PTDC0003_zps5b8932d3.jpg

Latest posts

Back