another noob from Kansas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say hello. Im new to all of this, in the past Ive done resto's on cars and trucks. Currently working on an old VW with my son (he is only 7, but you always want to get them started young :D ).
For a few years now Ive had this friend at work telling me about your website and showing me some pics of some of your great builds here, and Im not really sure why I havnt come around before.
Anyways I recently was asked by my son why we dont ride bikes together, and since I didnt have one I figured Id just buy one. And I fully just intended to buy a cheap bike to ride at the park with my son... Something that would look a little cool for dad to ride.. So I just did a quick search and found the 29" Onyx. I thought it was cool, but our local walmart didnt have it in stock so I ordered it. And then I made the mistake of looking for ways to make it look even better, and thats how I came across your website again....lol How I wish I would have just came here in the first place. Now I want to start a ground up project.

The Onyx will work for now. Not a bad bike for the price, but Im watching the FS adds here and CL and Ill be starting a project soon. And Im sure Ill have to start another for my sons next bike also.

Thanks for all the insperation. I look forward to being around for a long time.

Re: another noob

Welcome! Where in KS are you located? We have a great bunch of guys in this state!

Re: another noob

Im outta Wichita. Last couple of days I been pickin Kevins brain up at Pork Chopped. Between that and soaking up as much as I can here Im learning alot.

Got a 30's Elgin frame coming early next week I picked up here. Cant wait to start on that.

Latest posts

Back