Another Phantom 11/1957

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this one a day before the swap meet

5bf62c8a.jpg

More pics please!...P 8)

You sure that date is correct? Your bike has the rear pivot springer and the truss rods appear to be the thicker 1/2" type. If those are original parts, and surely they are, that would be more like a '52 or before. Just wondering. Gary

heyslugger said:
B607 said:
rear pivot springer...

Hey Gary, what is that? Or rather whAt is the different types? Thanks ~ Dan

theres the style like on the green phantom with the offset steer tube and the mounting bracket behind the fork leg, and the later style which bolts straight through the fork leg and has no offset at the steer tube ... like this one (1955)

IMG_9686.jpg

I let this one go, I'd think twice before letting a green phantom go though, nice bike !!!

B607 said:
You sure that date is correct? Your bike has the rear pivot springer and the truss rods appear to be the thicker 1/2" type. If those are original parts, and surely they are, that would be more like a '52 or before. Just wondering. Gary

I was going with the 6 hole rear carrier and the sprocket for a later year model ? I thought the SN showed 57, I will post SN later

Rick

Latest posts

Back