Anti storage week

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Its been one of those weeks that things just fall into place.. as an admitted bike hoarder I stumbled across a couple bikes locally this week that are sure to complicate my storage woes!
03 Kustom Kruizer Roadster and a Beast fat bike... I just could not pass them up space or no space.

The KK.. drove 20 miles on my lunch break to buy from a road bike family. Their garage looked like mine except everything was skinny and light. They purchased the KK in New Mexico brand new. Well cared for and really cool deep purple paint. It will ride well next to my 97 Dyno Roadster. I was in complete "bike high" when I saw this pop up this morning. Very Very uncommon species around these parts.

The Green Beast.. never had much desire for one until this one popped up insanely cheap this week. Now I don't know why I waited.. having a minor rear hub issue that I really have not dove into yet. Seems the rear sprocket is stripped of its 3 drive tabs on the I.D... previous owner had stated that the hub was locked up and I purchased with coaster in pieces. reassembled hub and it now free wheels forward and back. I put it in a corner for now thinking I would look for parts. Will be a fun bike to ride I think but holy smokes its BIG!!

20140724_130947_resized.jpg

Build a pole barn. I'm adding on to mine this winter. I could put my whole 6 acres under roof and it wouldn't be enough! Gary

On the beast if the gear wheel is stripped get a slightly bigger one and it will ride easier. (Common mod)

If I were you, I'd just re-gut the hub and call it a day.... do these have the xxxtra wide rear hubs? I think they do... A few measurments go a long way, although I'd love to see if they put bigger shoes in the double-wide coaster hubs.

Latest posts

Back