Antique Bottle Question Please Help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hello all, I have quite a few antique bottles I've been selling off as we remodeled my step-dad's house. I'm down to the last two. One wasn't a problem but this last one may or may not be legal to sell. Its a vintage camphorated oil bottle from the 1940s era.

I was listing it on eBay when I get a notice that it may be a List 1 Chemical Controled Substance. Ok...so I saved the draft listing and have come for help. Do I have to have some kind of legal certification with the DEA to sell this as eBay suggests? Am I going to get in trouble and face legal ramifications for selling a petty antique?

I think I would start a new listing describing it as an EMPTY - Vintage - Antique bottle.

I am assuming that it is empty?

You are not selling the contents, but the vintage glass bottle.

Heck, they sell war inert collectables that had Explosives in them all the time, to the Military collectors.

Be very specific about what the object is, and I can't imagine that you would have any issues.

I agree, they shouldn't have a problem with an empty bottle, but with ebay you never know. A few years ago I bought a gun part at an estate sale. I wasn't even sure what it was and then I found exactly the same part on ebay. So I listed mine with the same description and ebay canceled my auction and sent me a notice that the item was against their policy. I sent them a link to the one that was on and never heard a word back from them.

I never did list it yet. The listing is still a saved draft. I got the notice on the top of the page as I was reviewing it before submission.

I probably will empty the contents. There isn't much left and the bottle will only hold 3/4 fl oz of liquid when full. Since the stuff inside is so old and broken down what do I do? Dump it outside? Flush it? Its not going to stink up my house is it?

Latest posts

Back