Antique shop find w/PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was in Titusville today, at a antique mall. Bought a middleweight . headbadge says Guaranty.
Chainguard says Fleetwood. Has a motorcycle front on it with a drum brake. I am gonna put on the springer I bought from Tin Machine. I just got home now, so I'll take pics tomorrow. Anyone know anything about it? Back 26" wheel has a MO stamped on it. The frame has other stickers, Ill post in the morning.
DSCI0618.jpg

DSCI0619.jpg

DSCI0620.jpg

DSCI0621.jpg

DSCI0622.jpg

its in pieces,now. Frame # M05010X28430611
Thats alot of numbers!. The front end didnt fit the bearings, but COULD be made to work, on YOUR bike...LOL
Its getting a springer. The springer came while I was on vacation, and a neighbor has it. He's not up yet, or I would have it ON!

Hey Al,

I remember visiting the oil wells in Titusville as a kid, even had a little wooden oil rig as a souvenir.

As for the bike, definitely a Murray built frame, just rebadged. I'd put the springer on it and resell the moto front end. It would look great on a motorized bike or a motocross-inspired build.

Great find!

Cheers,
Dr.T

Just thought I'd show yall what a rusty fender, dunked in oxalic acid for 4 hours looks like....
DSCI0624.jpg

The springer front end isnt going to work on this bike. I am putting on a matching fork from my old girls Spaceliner, and a set of truss rods from a JCHiggins I had laying around. Tomorrow I'll soak the other side of the wheel and fender, and reassemble soon. All I need is a front wheel. Not sure I have a chrome one settin around..

Major case of Frankenbike going on there. The crank set looks like a complete to the pedals Schwinn probably 20 or more years older than the bike, and a seat to match. :|
Oh yeah, and the fork. :|

:p :lol:

Man I like the moped front end on it, I'd put a large basket on the front and turn it into a cycle-truck look alike.

wwell, I have been fooling with the springer I found. Got dis-enchanted with it, so I put it in the for sale pile, and started pondering what I was gonna do to make this bike "mine". Here's a sneak pic
DSCI0626.jpg

I think I may do the chainguard side with a door,cause I always haul tools and stuff o my bikes, and really hate a bag on the bars. Hinged door? Push latch,maybe?
DSCI0627.jpg

I may need to buy a old schwinn springer for it....anyone coming to the swapmeet have a cheap one for sale? Or trade for the double spring one I bought from tin machine?

just looked at the pic with the original front end.....I sorta like it...LOL. Maybe I need to free up the brake,and dip the wheel in Oxalic acid...hmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back