Anybody else have a motorcycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. someone has a serious triumph addiction. there is no cure for this disease. awesome build.

2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 is my daily ride.

IMG_20221005_180539.jpg

This is one of three known photographs of my Kawasaki 900. I don’t have any photographs of it when it was stock.

Don’t expect much because this is a scan of a out of focus 40 year old photograph taken with a disposable Instamatic clone.
DFC84F5E-9B05-4858-AC37-A9759D7C1A21.jpeg

I was 25 & that is my eldest daughter Tracy who now is a senior computer programmer at the IRS. She was about one year old.

When I built that bike, I didn’t know how much extension I could run on the fork without making it floppy, so I bought 12 over tubes and put a billet tweak bar on the top to mount the T-bars.

I set up the brake line extension so that I could slide the front end up and down through the trees to get what I wanted, and you can see in that photograph what I eventually settled on, which was about 6-7 inches over stock.

Love that it has the mark on the speedo at 30, but for some reason, the dial continues well beyond that. Looks like a ripper, I'm a fan of the power delivery of a vertical twin.

Love that it has the mark on the speedo at 30, but for some reason, the dial continues well beyond that. Looks like a ripper, I'm a fan of the power delivery of a vertical twin.
Looks good for 17,000+ miles. 1957 Desert Sled. The rear triangle was broken and a replacement was found in England, still in original paper wrapping. The magneto has been converted to 12 volts, - ground, so it now has LED lights. The guys in England that made original repop seat covers have either died or retired. There are reproductions available but the piping is black. The seat cover was one of the most difficult pieces to find. The exhaust also came from England and was still in original packaging. It has minimal rust. Platers don’t like to replate these vintage mufflers as the exhaust residue ruins the plating medium. Original paint colors. Repop front fender. New repop bars. The amp meter in the headlight shell is impossible to find so I was fortunate mine was there. Rechromed original pieces. A repop headlight shell band as the original was dented. All fasteners were cadmium plated. I’ll post photos of my 1967 desert sled later. I bought it new. I wish I still had my 1966 Triumph Bonniville.

Last edited:
Many local folks do both. We have a lot of dedicated single track motorcycle trails here. The Sandstormers club maintains them. I was a charter member back in 1966. They have 100s of miles of trails. One is near our home, the Moss Lake Trail.
That sounds sweet. When I quit motors the best trails were getting closed to motorcycles. On the racing side the tracks were going all supercross. High peaked jumps all over the place. I just wasn't comfortable with all those jumps. I switched to observed trials. That was fun but I missed the speed. So I bought a mtn bike to train on, I never looked back.

What brand of motor were you riding back then? In 1966 I was a junior in high school. Back then all I wanted was to be Peter Fonda on a chopper. Then I rode a Hodaka.

That sounds sweet. When I quit motors the best trails were getting closed to motorcycles. On the racing side the tracks were going all supercross. High peaked jumps all over the place. I just wasn't comfortable with all those jumps. I switched to observed trials. That was fun but I missed the speed. So I bought a mtn bike to train on, I never looked back.

What brand of motor were you riding back then? In 1966 I was a junior in high school. Back then all I wanted was to be Peter Fonda on a chopper. Then I rode a

Here is one of my bikes. I also have a 67 tr6c that I bought new. Up here they are enduro or cross country, no tracks. I cant believe it, these things weigh a ton and are too heavy. They are both in the shop. I should be riding them this spring, but on country paved roads. If I got stuck or dropped one in the woods it would be all over.

Attachments

• FFE5547D-2DD9-4DC6-A57E-12793CEDDC31.jpeg
    FFE5547D-2DD9-4DC6-A57E-12793CEDDC31.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 06D283D3-DEAE-4522-93C6-55A2EE1E986A.jpeg
    06D283D3-DEAE-4522-93C6-55A2EE1E986A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • D98C0095-F847-4909-BB38-2930B7C76F3A.jpeg
    D98C0095-F847-4909-BB38-2930B7C76F3A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back