Anybody else have a motorcycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going on the block this spring. 2004 RT.
IMG_20170326_143537852_HDR-01.jpg

My first bike when in NZ, 1986 TZR250, Watercooled parallel twin 2 stroke! Pic was taken 1992 with my first daughter, it had a removable rear seat cowl which gave it a real racing look! it was literally hang on for dear life! these bike took over from the RD model 2 strokes but sadley in 1986 there was another iconic 2 stroke released... the Beautiful RGV250 by suzuki, Honda had the V twin NSR, both machines used to march away from me in the 3rd and 4th gear roll on's and there handling was light years ahead of the TZR, I never got to own one and I see now they fetch upwards $18K here in Aus! they are a very rare and sought after bike!
But anyway heres my first one..... I bought another when I arrived in Australia, It was an 87 model , still parallel twin but way faster than the old one, genuine 200kph from a 250 on a learner license, ahhhh the good old days ! it still was inferior to the NSR and RGV!
Old TZR.jpg

My first bike when in NZ, 1986 TZR250, Watercooled parallel twin 2 stroke! Pic was taken 1992 with my first daughter, it had a removable rear seat cowl which gave it a real racing look! it was literally hang on for dear life! these bike took over from the RD model 2 strokes but sadley in 1986 there was another iconic 2 stroke released... the Beautiful RGV250 by suzuki, Honda had the V twin NSR, both machines used to march away from me in the 3rd and 4th gear roll on's and there handling was light years ahead of the TZR, I never got to own one and I see now they fetch upwards $18K here in Aus! they are a very rare and sought after bike!
But anyway heres my first one..... I bought another when I arrived in Australia, It was an 87 model , still parallel twin but way faster than the old one, genuine 200kph from a 250 on a learner license, ahhhh the good old days ! it still was inferior to the NSR and RGV!
View attachment 226205
I'll take any of the three if you wanted to start mailing me piece by piece 😉

Very tidy package that BSA!
After my 2nd TZR was stolen ( no insurance Grrrr ) I went to a roady /trail in for the form of a 1992 Honda XR250. it was a real contrast to the two stroke and being a single but of all the 250's I looked at this had the thickest band of power, A nice big single carby and thumping exhaust, it was the bike shops wife's old bike and she had gone up in size, he did give it his special tuning which is probably why it went better than the yamaha, and suzuki 250's.
it was a great bike and I used it as my work commute for a good 2 yrs till I low sided at some lights when cut off etc.. came out ok and still rode home with no clutch lever and the left bar pointing straight up LOL but I made it, I repaired it then sold it shortly after and went to turbo car's, cheap junkie ones but lots of fun!
Excuse the hair, I shaved my own hair off for 20 yrs, got sick of the hard look and grown some before it all go's grey.... its started LOL!
XR 250.jpg

Are you guys old enough to remember Butch Wax?
I was about 8 when my dad started putting that on me.
My hair was that short until about 1967.
Did you graduate to Brylcreem? :crazy:

It looks very clean. The cream colored panels lighten up the look a lot. Imagine what it would look like with the fenders painted solid burgundy. Right away it would get 200 pounds heavier.

Latest posts

Back