Anybody else have a motorcycle?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2000 HD Sportster:
HPIM0788.JPG

My 1969 Bridgestone, yep the tyre maker made bikes for a short stint!
Here she is when I converted her to electric, she has her original, all be
it not running, engine back in her now!
2lcwmc9.jpg

24441fq.jpg

Found some pic's of her with the engine out
1zp0gmg.jpg

qzesgl.jpg

Last edited:
Back in 2006, I was looking for a vintage Honda 350 when I came across this 81 CM400E. Only 4000 miles on it. I liked the drum brakes and spokes for the vintage look, and repainted it red. No one could figure out if it was a 60's bike or not. I also made it a true dual exhaust by taking out the crossover chamber (sewing machine sound) and adding separate pipes to the mufflers, made it sound vintage like an old Triumph. But I sold it because of all the drivers on cell phones, took the fun out of riding.
Before, all original down to the tires:
1zgufdf.jpg

After:
244yvc8.jpg

Here's a few that I have.

1980 Honda XL250S, I actually have two identical ones.
Bike.jpg

Picked up this 1976 Kawasaki KZ650 4 cylinder a few months ago.
Bike2.jpg

Here's a '73 Honda CB350, '73 Honda XL250 and the twin to my other '80 Honda XL250S.
IMG_4278.jpg

An all original 1947 Schwinn Wizzer. BTW, in the box next to it is a 1990's Wizzer reproduction that my dad owns and has never even opened the box. I guess someday I'll have to open it.
IMG_4282.jpg

One of 5 Simplex Servi-Cycles.
IMG_4271.jpg

And just yesterday I picked up from my dad a Kawasaki Drifter. I took this picture off the internet since I don't have the bike yet but this is the exact color and look of it. I need to head up to Michigan next month to get it. I love this bike, it rides like a Cadillac.
Screen shot 2017-08-14 at 4.41.50 PM.png

I don't have any pics currently...I am on a riding hiatus. I currently own (I'll use internet photos for the visual, cuz I ain't exhuming them just for photos :bigsmile:)...

2000 ZRX 1100 (Eddie Lawson tribute), I bought this as a commuter bike when I blew the motor in my Harley...so I could finally build the big inch Sporty of my dreams. Unfortunately, my Harley, that I bought brand new at the age of 19, was stole. Dream squashed.

kawasaki-zrx1100-2000-3.jpg

2009 KX 250 SF Super Moto, this was bought a few years back for my Wife to learn on. She failed her safety course class and lost interest. I started riding it as I had a flakey carb on the ZRX. Most nimble (fairly gutless, but nimble) bike I've ever ridden...and I've owned many, many bikes over the years. It broke down and I haven't rode since (over 3 years, now)

maxresdefault.jpg

1981 CB 900F, I've had this bike since I was 19-20yo. It is just shy of 1050cc, built, and sporting a full racing Bassani exhaust. This was my street racer when I was stationed in SoCal, and it is stupid quick. I also racked up $1000s in tickets on it, lost my license twice, and endangered my marriage...so, when the dog decided to eat the wiring out of it one day, I said good riddance...and it has been parked ever since (this is as close as I can get as I had this bodywork, but with red powder coated frame and wheels).

18204_0_3_4_cb-1100-f_Chris-Ryan-owner.jpg

1973 SL 350, an inherited basket case that has been in the family since the mid 70s. I have no idea what I will do with it.

IMG_0850.jpg

Something like that:grin:
Jason

Last edited:
Here's my '68 Honda CL90. Fun lil round towner.

image1.PNG

I also have an '86 Yamaha srx600 thats currently under construction, but is in the 'project line' behind my truck. (which is allllmost there..) And I have a '68 BSA starfire 250 on the back burner that I can't wait to get to, but will be a year or two.

@deorman how do you like the SR400?? I've been eyein those for two years now. I realllly like em, but can't convince myself to pull the trigger having such a similar bike (the srx 600)

Here's my '68 Honda CL90. Fun lil round towner.

View attachment 59399

I also have an '86 Yamaha srx600 thats currently under construction, but is in the 'project line' behind my truck. (which is allllmost there..) And I have a '68 BSA starfire 250 on the back burner that I can't wait to get to, but will be a year or two.

@deorman how do you like the SR400?? I've been eyein those for two years now. I realllly like em, but can't convince myself to pull the trigger having such a similar bike (the srx 600)
It's dandy in town or on backroads, but kinda buzzy on the interstate. Handles and stops well, and it will climb upgrade without slowing down, but it's unlikely to win any drag races. If you like little 25 (or less) hp UJMs you'd like it, if not, then you wouldn't.

I started off with Honda SL100 at ~12yo. Had a series of 100-250cc dirt & Enduro bikes after that until I got my first 'street' bike at 16-17yo...a CBX, which is also the first experience at drinking and riding...and later that night it was my first 'street' bike wreck...which I don't actually remember :blackeye:. The carcass of that bike got sold to a guy on the coast, who used the motor for a small sandrail he was building.

Screenshot_20170820-224033_crop_673x306.jpg

Jason

Well, if you guys are including Schwinn Wizzers and Simplex Servi-cycles , I guess I can include my daily driver-

Little Wing, a 2013 Zenn-n 50cc scooter. Despite the low-powered engine and the beefier-than-standard frame, she'll do an easy 45MPH at the local racetrack...but due to NC regs I must stay at 35MPH. I'm still trying to figure out if the odometer in in Kilometers rather than miles-because if it's in miles i'm averaging 130MPG and that is just INSANE! :crazy2:

Attachments

• DSCF0169.JPG
    DSCF0169.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCF0170.JPG
    DSCF0170.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 293
Well, if you guys are including Schwinn Wizzers and Simplex Servi-cycles , I guess I can include my daily driver-

Little Wing, a 2013 Zenn-n 50cc scooter. Despite the low-powered engine and the beefier-than-standard frame, she'll do an easy 45MPH at the local racetrack...but due to NC regs I must stay at 35MPH. I'm still trying to figure out if the odometer in in Kilometers rather than miles-because if it's in miles i'm averaging 130MPG and that is just INSANE!
I pass an old man, looks to be about 80, every morning on my way to work that rides one of these. He waves at me every time. You're probably right about the gas mileage. My '80 Honda XL250 averages about 88 miles per gallon. I spend about 5 bucks a week on gas! Love it.

The KX250 got ~65mpg when we got it...and had a top speed of 67mph. With just experimenting drilling the rear baffle and some jet changes, got it up to 82mph top speed...but closer to 50mpg. That was mostly highway commuting and I was always closer to its top speed than the speed limit. That may also be the reason it currently isn't running...I'm afraid I may have went a little to lean and blew a hole through the piston. I'm afraid to look :grin:.

Jason

I pass an old man, looks to be about 80, every morning on my way to work that rides one of these. He waves at me every time. You're probably right about the gas mileage. My '80 Honda XL250 averages about 88 miles per gallon. I spend about 5 bucks a week on gas! Love it.

The gas mileage isn't the best part to me though so much as the utter mechanical simplicity of the beast-a simple GY-6 (the original Honda air-cooled 4-stroke, 2-valve 1-cylinder engine before Honda pulled the license and made their own) gravity-feed tank with vacuum pump, electric and kickstart ignition, hoses and wiring that I can trace, CVT twist-and-go transmission, 1.2 Gallon tank...and a local scooter/jetski/motorcycle/ATV mechanic who gives free classes two Saturdays a month...

Slowly but surely, I AM LEARNING TO WRENCH THIS THING. :rockout:

I am so in love with the simplicity of this beast that i'm getting my Motorcycle endorsement soon, and looking around for a 150cc engine replacement(fits the 50cc rear frame perfectly) and a Title-Little Wing shall be a real Motorcycle for less than $500! :D Max speed will only be maybe 60MPH with the CVT but honestly that's really all I need-and she'll be legal to carry a trailer for the big cargo (though between the seatbox and the DIY tailbox Wing already carries as much as a Smart car :21: ).

Also, consider a possible long-term project for my next vehicle-assuming I get my Skillsets up to task...junked ATV front end married to junked Scooter rear via welding, hand-made cockpit made like an old-school sidecar, modest 4-5 Gallon tank behind the cockpit and a trunk the size of a Harley Touring behind that...:happy:

But first, I must TRAIN. :nerd:

Latest posts

Back