Anybody know what these rubber belt things are called?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy a couple of these so I can mount something to my bike:

11-20-10_0104.jpg

I found the one above already in use by the cord for an iron we bought...no clue where to get them though.

bikejunkie said:
You could make the same thing out of some hub cleaners couldnt you?

That's a pretty good idea...that and a dog collar haha. Not sure of the fit though...the advantage of these is that they are elastic.

scrumblero said:
I see em a lot on laptop power supplies ... :roll:

Yeah...looks like you're right -- http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?a ... em&id=5551, but I guess you can't find them in any stores. I went everywhere today.

Well, I found another one by chance and here are the results:

IMG_5209.jpg

The hub shiner may just work better because it's leather and will hold it more firmly...either that or a puppy collar.

reminds me of a motorcycle i saw yesterday
no gauges/speedo what so ever. it just had an ipod touch and a wierd bracket to hold it on the bars.
i'm assuming he was using it as a speedometer/gps.

looks good.
btw, i'm a huge fan of the skullcandy product line. i've only had experiance with thier headphones though.

how's the pipe? sound/quality blah bla blah.
thx

icyuod2 said:
reminds me of a motorcycle i saw yesterday
no gauges/speedo what so ever. it just had an ipod touch and a wierd bracket to hold it on the bars.
i'm assuming he was using it as a speedometer/gps.

looks good.
btw, i'm a huge fan of the skullcandy product line. i've only had experiance with thier headphones though.

how's the pipe? sound/quality blah bla blah.
thx

It's actually quite impressive...puts out some clear sound at some pretty high volumes...big things do come in small packages in this case.

My only gripes are that it doesn't have a built in rechargeable battery...it takes 4 aaa batteries and there could be a bit more bass, but seriously for this little thing the sound is pretty great, so can't really complain.

Latest posts

Back