anyone else getting this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
38a08fad4a5eaf45a51773a156fa0893.jpg

Testing out an edit to a post that contains a photo that I uploaded to the forum via Tapatalk.

Didn't cause an error message either.

Trying it again with the full post editor.

Did not cause a problem either.

Testing out a quote that includes a Tapatalk photo

This is just a guess, but I have gotten into problems with computers before with recursion.
38a08fad4a5eaf45a51773a156fa0893.jpg

Testing out an edit to a post that contains a photo that I uploaded to the forum via Tapatalk.

Didn't cause an error message either.

Trying it again with the full post editor.

Did not cause a problem either.
thought I'd try to quote a quote with a quote.
does this even make sense? :)
I guess no problem now then? Phreaky.

It sounds like it's probably due to some security settings on the server that the site was moved to.

We have a ticket submitted with them so hopefully they can figure out a solution.

So far it looks like it may be an issue with photos that have been uploaded through Tapatalk that include the line below the photo saying... "Sent from my (mobile device name) using Tapatalk.

I seem to get consistent errors when I reply or try to edit these posts.

Yes this is happening to me as well, It won't let me up date my build thread.

I keep getting it trying to post on my thread and I am posting from my laptop had it again today, gave up on trying to upload photos from here as that's all I would get is internal error been using my imgur account and still get sometimes.

Yup, I'm getting the notice over at "The Other Talk" forum. I'm just trying to reply, no pictures.

Not sure, but my experiences receiving this message when I'm attempting to reply all seem to have to do with remaining on the page too long without action. Like the page reset/reloaded, and lost data.
Closing/relaunching my browser and returning to the post in question seems to fix the issue, and the majority of my reply (except the last few words in most cases) is pre-populated at the end of the thread, ready for me to submit.

I am constantly getting this error. Not only while trying to post a reply but during the entire time I'm trying to type out a reply. It was mildly frustrating and now has become infuriating:mad:. Any progress on this issue @Rat Rod ?
-B.J-

I was all over this with Steve a rrb., the other day, we thought we had it fixed, but it's not

the internal server error is on (usually) the hosting site. Further research indicated it's pretty vague, and just means "something went wrong during this upload / reply, etc, but we don't know what it is"...:(

I was using Firefox, but that program has been acting so whack lately that I switched to Opera...it's a much more stable Browser imo...for now.

IN MY CASE I'M PRETTY SURE I KNOW WHAT STARTED THIS...
it was using the sites flash picture uploader, I got this message originally months ago right at the time that the RRB site did some upgrading..or something'....
after persistently trying to upload this way, the server side program is written in a way to block your computer ID or IP address...because it thinks you're spamming the site.

host your photos somewhere else, and don't use the flash uploader...
that's my advice ...to those of you having this problem.

:happy: franco

I turned off the media gallery to see if that makes any difference.

Let me know if you get the error message now.

the error shows up for me when I try to edit cross platforms. Like editing a tapatalk with my pc is impossible, sometimes when quoting. With tapatalk I can quote or edit whatever I want. I have an older xp laptop, more problems with Firefox very rarely when running Opera...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

the error shows up for me when I try to edit cross platforms. Like editing a tapatalk with my pc is impossible, sometimes when quoting. With tapatalk I can quote or edit whatever I want. I have an older xp laptop, more problems with Firefox very rarely when running Opera...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...
I have only had problems when quoting other members (who have photos in their post). I don't know if they are using tapatalk tho.

I also have been getting this problem and when I try to upload a photo it says a similar error problem I'm using windows 10 with internet explorer but it does it with firefox and google chrome as well next time I try to post a pic I will get the exact error message it says thanks ratrod for addressing the problems that is one reason I like this site so much if there is an issue it is usually fixed rather quickly

Latest posts

Back