Anyone else have probs with ebay buyers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in the last few months I've had 3 idiots who have bought items from me, and then gave me bad feedback because of their own ignorance. One guy bought a vintage motorcycle, rode it for a month, blew the engine up, and then gave me bad feedback a month later. The two other guys bought trains, one didn't pay in time, gave me a wrong address, and then gave me a negative because it took too long for him to get it. The other guys train got damaged by UPS, he wouldn't send me pics of the damage. I could have gotten him a full refund and a free train but he didn't want to work with me. Please tell me some of you have had the same problems I've encountered, it's like the world has gone stupid!

Sounds like that new feedback system which doesn't allow the seller to leave negative feedback is working great. :roll:

I had a feeling stupidity set in a long time ago. I guess the next thing vanishing is common sense and honesty. :x Sorry, gotta vent on this somehow.

"this speedometer isn't the right one for my stingray"
no, the ad said it was from a 26" tandem
"my son said it would work"

"the guys at the bike shop said it's broken"
well, it worked when i removed it, i don't know their story but send it back and i'll refund your money
"no, you're a crook, i don't want to spend the money to send it back"

another time i sold some mtb small part with a flat s&h (ups) charge of 5 bucks. i noticed he was only one state away so i dropped by the post office and just mailed it 1st class instead. 2 days later i open an email, expecting thanks for going the extra distance to get the part there by the weekend. no, he wants me to send him the difference between the 5 i charged and the 2 it took to mail it. oh yeah, along with a page long rant about sellers making obscene profits off of shipping....yeah, i was thinking of going into business charging 3 dollars to go to the post office for people, but i'm afraid it will push me into the next tax bracket....

i treasure the email from the guy who gushed about the best ebay transaction he ever had!

It's good to hear others feel my pain (and bad to hear also) It's like people don't read listing descriptions and sellers terms, they just click the "buy it now" or have the highest bid at the end. And then they get the exact item they bought and have a fit about it. I have 35 buyers that are extremely happy with my selling and shipping methods, and then 3 dummies who don't understand "sold as-is" or "flat rate shipping" . I don't understand why idiot buyers get away with anything while sellers have absolutely no rights, you take a huge risk when you sell on ebay. I feel your pain Bendix.

You bring up a good point. How many times have we complained about one thing, but perhaps forgotten to praise another. We should all as a group make a concerted effort to remember to praise the good service we get. That way others will have what necessaryevil is able to cherish.

Too Corny?

Exactly Rat Rod, I sold my Lemon Peeler last week and ebay got $72 while paypal got 20 something. Luckily the buyer was cool and told me to take my time, it arrived Monday in perfect shape and he was very happy.
Ebay should require a decent IQ score before you're allowed to buy, but I think upper 40's would be asking too much :lol:

There is a new auction site trying to get going, they only want decent collectibles. Ebay has become some kind of crappy electronics superstore. This one sounds like it has promiss, I guess we'll see.

It depends on how you sell. A no reserve auction is pretty cheap for the seller, an auction with a reserve or buy it now gives ebay a good percentage of the final price. I sold my Krate at a Buy it now or best offer at $1500. They got $72 wether I sold it for $1500 or $500. Ebay motors is a whole other monster, you lose a big percentage to ebay.

Ebay was awesome when it first started, low service costs, honest people selling good products. Sellers and Buyers had equal rights. They got greedy and forgot the little guys who helped ebay become what it is today.

Rat Rod said:
I don't know what you paid for that Peeler, but you did good on that auction. :D
I made a few hundred bucks just picking it up, enjoying it for a while, and then selling it. I regret selling that one though.

I just got an email from ebay, the buyer of one of my items wants a full refund and keep the item because of his own ignorance. I don't see how ebay doesn't have a class action lawsuit against them yet, absolutely ridiculous.

necessaryevil said:
I just got an email from ebay, the buyer of one of my items wants a full refund and keep the item because of his own ignorance. I don't see how ebay doesn't have a class action lawsuit against them yet, absolutely ridiculous.

Why would ebay care? they own paypal and a quarter of craigslist.. They can't lose.

I have heard that ebay has some part in craigslist, so enjoy the free service while it lasts :roll:
I think ebay deserves a huge lawsuit, the greed keeps growing, the honest little guys keep suffering.

necessaryevil said:
I have heard that ebay has some part in craigslist, so enjoy the free service while it lasts :roll:
I think ebay deserves a huge lawsuit, the greed keeps growing, the honest little guys keep suffering.

Its posted here somewhere.. Somebody posted a link to an article about ebay and how they own 25% of craigslist. Ebay tried to purchase the rest of craigslist. CL said that was against their contract and now they are suing eachother.

Latest posts

Back