Anyone have an electra townie ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Do you like it ? i see a bunch of mixed reviews but im assumed the bad ones are from the road bike elite.

I had one. Nice ride great for cruising. I like a more traditional position so I ended selling it. The Feet forward design is used in most of there other bikes too. The Amsterdam series has some good stuff too.

My wife and I both have the Electra Amsterdam Balloonies (Fat Frank tires). LOVE 'em. Very comfortable, well put-together, really nice finish. My wife loves hers so much, we've been out riding probably 20-25 times since we got it last summer - and she had previously refused to go riding with me, even though I had bought her a pretty comfortable comfort bike. She hadn't been on a bike since her teens (we're 50-ish), and didn't feel comfortable OR safe OR confident on anything else I gave her to ride. I put some Townie-style mini-apes on both of them, and I swear we could ride across country on these bikes together. I just can't say enough good about them...and I own about 25 bikes, from '50s tank bikes to old StingRays to Campy-equipped roadbikes and everything in between, and I road-raced in the '80s, and blasted mtn. bikes through the '90s. HIGHLY recommended! 8)

z181212.jpg

i dont know why but im drawn to this one, ive always thought they were cool looking bikes but the white has really caught my eye.

Latest posts

Back