Anyone here like classic semi trucks, flat beds, etc?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The owner of the scrapyard I go to has this truck that he either wants to restore or sell to a good home. I almost got it myself until I realized how big it truely was and reality hit. I have known it was there but I keep forgetting to bring my camera and photograph it more. The truck is a 1965 International R190 Series. Th truck is 100% complete minus a marker light lense on the roof. Rust wise, the only serious thing to address is the front fenders. Then you have the obvious mechanical restoration. It would look fantastic if restored with a flat bed hauling around some classic cars.

I will have the pics up in a moment. If anyone is SERIOUSLY interested in it, I will be happy to provide you with the contact info for the yard.

I'd love to see pictures, I'm an International freak since I learned to drive in a 1966 IH 1200 series pickup. Too bad I don't have time, space, or money enough to do a project truck right now. :(

Here's the pics I took yesterday, not a bad project if you have the space. This has to be a very rare truck as I'm sure not many are left. In addition to the Forest Green Paint, the wheels were white with red pinstripes.

We used to have an old International on the farm. One day my uncle was pushing a pine tree with his backhoe......It was wound up like a big spring. When the trunk broke it knocked the cab COMPLETELY off the frame. :shock: :lol:

Pretty cool! A neighbor has a 1965 International dump truck he hauls cow manure in. That truck is a real work horse 8)

Hmm, your neighbor has a '65 R190 Series still in use? Thats so cool to see 48yr old truck still workin like it did all those decades ago!

Those International trucks were built to work. The International truck I learned to drive in when I was young got me hooked on Internationals and I started to call the truck Hercules because to me it could haul anything and it did. I remember hauling gravel in it when we re-did the driveway at the farm and we had it FULL up to the bed sides (Full long bed not stepside) and it felt like it had power steering all the way home and in that granny gear it was a tank. Only modification it had was the original rear end went out so we put a 9" Ford rear end in it with 16.5" bobcat tires on the back...I still remember getting yelled at by the farmers for going through the corn field throwing rooster tails and making ruts. :mrgreen:

partsguy said:
Hmm, your neighbor has a '65 R190 Series still in use? Thats so cool to see 48yr old truck still workin like it did all those decades ago!

Oh yeah, it runs like a champ too :D

That truck looks good.

I like them although not as much as regular cars & trucks. Mainly the 60's & older but I like the Kenworth from Smokey And The Bandit, Peterbilt the from Duel & the Western Star from Maximum Overdrive.

Latest posts

Back