Anyone Know About Ripstiks??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately i find myself facinated by these Razor Ripstiks and want one. Wifey says i am too old (44) and are crazy. Nevertheless she said find a cheap one on Ebay if i want. Well these things aint cheap but i did find one thats mint cond but its a Ripstik Air. Solid board with spring casters. It isnt getting any bids while the others are. Should the Air model be avoided? And honestly should i get one of these to play with or listen to the wife?

Listen to the wife those things are bone breakers get yourself a long board an enjoy Christmas with the ability to walk

Ripstiks = Pain & Suffering = Hospital Visit + Thousands Dollars Wasted = Wrath of your wife saying I told you so.

Get yourself something safer and cooler. You'll thank yourself. Now go thank your wife.

A friend of mine has one, I tried to ride it for about 30 seconds till I fell on my butt and got back on my bike. But another bike, it's safer.

I'm anti-RipStik too. Too squirrelly for me. At almost 50, I can still tick-tack a bit and carve up and down my neighbor's driveways on my old G&S but the RipStik just looks like it'll move in directions I'm not used to.

If you haven't already checked out an alternative to a typical skateboard or RipStik give some attention to a Carver skateboard. They have a unique front truck that gives more of a carving feel, almost like a surfboard. The front trucks twist too, not just bend like regular trucks. I can't explain it but they're pretty darned cool. Google the Carver C7 Trucks for a much better description. I'm not doing it justice.

I have one but don't ride it. Wear wrist guards and other protective gear

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

big kountry said:
Listen to the wife those things are bone breakers get yourself a long board an enjoy Christmas with the ability to walk

I checked out longboards on YT.........I CANT DO THAT.........i can see me now sliding down the road on my head. Looks fun if you are coordinated with good balance which i am not.

wheelhorseman said:
big kountry said:

I checked out longboards on YT.........I CANT DO THAT.........i can see me now sliding down the road on my head. Looks fun if you are coordinated with good balance which i am not.

I love mine its a lot easier to cruise on the a regular skate board

I can't even ride one! I'm 16 and am very athletic! don't get one lol my older sister, when she was in high school, had to get a waiver signed by my parents so that she could use one in gym class! If you need a waiver because you think kids will get hurt and you don't want to be sued that's a good indication that they're not "safe@"

Latest posts

Back