anyone speak kenda ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
so i replaced the tires on my RRBO bike, that is almost finished :oops: , with the same size tire, i reused and old tube that was too big and pinched it, so taking the tire off i read "for use with HB - 575 rim", the tires seat fine and dandy with what i got, just wonderin if somebody knows what the hello that means ?

Try googling - HB - 575 rim lots of stuff comes up. nobody really knows except HB- Hook Bead. 575 probably refers to the total diameter of the rim. The Bead Seat Diameter is probably 559mm. Normal cruiser/MTB size.

This link explains best but complicated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_5775

yep that would be the ISO number. like a schwinn s7 26 inch tire is 571 i believe. a standard tire should fit that rim just watch the tube.

Kenda makes all SORTS of odd sized tires.... and a few that don't seem to fit ANYTHING.

The best tire-size chart I've found is on Harris Cyclery's website. If you want to know about a particular tire, it's probably listed there.

cool, if figured the 575 had to do with the rim width, just never payed attention (or cared) before now. thanks all :)

Back