anyone use WiFi?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to use it at home then you will need a wireless router. The computer will automatically find wifi connections if they are available and will ask you if you want to connect.

yep, what 2many said. With the internet provider I use they have a built in security password for each ip address they set up. That way people cruising the neighborhood can't hop on your wi fi and download awful things and get you in trouble.

I have at the local libray before I got home service and indeed do what they said and usually click twice atleast on mine on the connection signal.

It's Vista, I like it so far, little hard getting used to though. My desktop is XP. But what's sad is the laptop will run circles around my desktop in speed, storage, and all. My desktop is a dinosaur. :oops: the laptop has like 3 gig of ram, 400GB hard drive, DVD burner, WiFi, the whole works.

if its less than a year old you can probably get a free copy of windows 7 from the manufacturer...

Vista is a horrible piece of software... :roll:

scrumblero said:
if its less than a year old you can probably get a free copy of windows 7 from the manufacturer...

Vista is a horrible piece of software... :roll:

I've already got all my files transferred onto my laptop so I'm just gonna leave it with vista for now. I'm not sure how old it is I got it in trade for a PS2 and it works great so I don't care. I'm getting the hang of how vista works now but I do agree they could have done better.

seven looks just like vista but is more secure and runs twice as fast.

you can just upgrade over the top of vista , which is what the OEMs give you when you complain about vista compatibility issues.. :roll:

scrumblero said:
seven looks just like vista but is more secure and runs twice as fast.

you can just upgrade over the top of vista , which is what the OEMs give you when you complain about vista compatibility issues.. :roll:

Cool I might look into that.

Latest posts

Back