Anyone want to take a shot at Identifying this old Trike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not usually into these bikes, but lady down the street was selling this at a yard sale...cheep
I don't have a clue, and before I start stripping down 6 layers of 'housepaint'...
Wonder if any of the many talented Bike I.D. folks out there had any ideas???
:happy:
Thank You
Franco
24887604641_82386553e3_c.jpg

24954610136_9ec752a2f7.jpg

24354055693_af7f17fa13_z.jpg

24980918805_1d85b47888.jpg

e8b1c73b05bca764acd4439b4c94dd9f.jpg

This is the one I used in build off 10, once you get past all the junk on it you can see the similarities in the frame. Most notable the rectangular brace behind the seat tube.
The rear end attaches the same way yours does as well.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

I thank you guys for the input :thumbsup:
(Rusty Sprockets...lol...great name.)
I think Trailmates are Florida Made ?
I started to scratch thru top layer of oil based house paint....can see the Trike used to be Red.
I thought Trailmate Bikes were a new outfit though....and the couple that owned these (there were 2 trikes) were quite elderly and...well, they passed away recently
Family was yard selling this... seems ancient...no badges or ID marks...

You have build thread on that Trike project, Falstaff??

Oh and the headbadge was held on by adhesive, I have one that's been spray painted over if you decide you want it.

yeah, it must be early, because it's heavy like a tank !
I did find your build Falstaff...clever...I like how it's two bikes combined into one...the convertible Trike....:thumbsup:
Thanks, I had a much bigger idea for it but stuff happens.
The two in one idea came from another rrb member.

Well, I decided to just go with the house-painted look. I got it apart and sanded out the rough spots, with some 1200 grit...and waxed...looks nice and clean and a bit funky....Plus, it's not really worth stripping it all down to original paint. Now I can grease all of the bearings and free up the front brake which was painted shut.

QUESTION" how to get housepaint off of the tires??? any ideas??...they went a little wild when painting the rims. lol...

TrikeApart.jpg

If it's black? I can't tell on my phone. I'd just leave it, it might come off with riding. Or you could try acetone, but I don't know how the tires will react.

If it's black? I can't tell on my phone. I'd just leave it, it might come off with riding. Or you could try acetone, but I don't know how the tires will react.

it's a dark green , like a hunter green....I think they were going for a John Deere effect....well, sortof.

All of my cleaning tricks worked a little...but fell short
I'll try acetone on a junker tire...thanks Falstaff

Back