Apollo Racer repaint?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF i did want to repaint this bicycle, what would be the best way of doing that? Would it decrease value if i painted it? Also, the seat is slightly apart to where you can see the yellow foam from the seams. Any advice?
IMAG0410.jpg

A repaint would most definitely affect the value. I do not follow the values for this bike, but as the saying goes " they are only original once".

It looks fairly nice and fixable condition. There is no simple fix for the seat seam besides taking off the cover and repairing.

Good point on the originality of the bike. Im still not sure what im going to do about the seat. It looks as though it just needs to be restitched apart from the little tear in the seat at the rear.

i personally wouldn't repaint... it looks to be in better shape then the one i am trying to restore back to original. I have had this dilemma before and what i have done is find the same model in worse shape and make that one custom or repaint. Restore or sell the nice one to keep it original... just my opinion.

Latest posts

Back