Are those pipe clamps?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am probably using the wrong term, but what are those clamps people are using on their frames to attach the wooden panels (tanks) to their bikes? Where do I find these in silver and copper:

211mdfq.jpg

Looking in the plumbing section for the copper ones. Pipe hangers? or also try the electrical section as they may have the silver/galvanized.

make your own. cut strips of sheet metal with tin snips, bend around the bar, drill hole where needed.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
make your own. cut strips of sheet metal with tin snips, bend around the bar, drill hole where needed.

I made a coaster brake bracket this way. works well.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that what ive got on every tank ive made(wait......i forgot i used part of an old belt for the kids)so far.its cheap and you get the perfect size

yeah, i tried to make a coaster brake arm bracket with this thin copper strip stuff.. didnt last too long.. lol after three stops the bracket got ripped in two.. :D but thats what you get for using copper.

Back