Are you in?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t put tire chains in a bicycle since I delivered papers in Minnesota.

Actually it was just clothes line wrapped around the rear tire. I did run a front ski in the winter time though. I built it myself & until I figured out that it needed ribs to cut into the snow, it was impossible to steer.

If you’re gonna run a front ski it wants to have three ribs on it. At least two. Otherwise it will just slide out from under you when you try to lean the bike.
See the picture? Two wheels in back and two skis in front probably won't tip. (depending on width) but you'd definitely want the ski ribs for steering. MY guess is he's joking... there, challenge presented. Are you gonna do it, @kingfish254 (that's a tandem frame too)

whose doing a true mussel bike IE some thing as rad as say this. not mine but wish it was it's way cool

Attachments

• img_20180728_213704_1296330f26de1 (1).jpg
    img_20180728_213704_1296330f26de1 (1).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 0
I think, just IMHO, that you should read the rules literally. If it doesn't say "only with no cabbage" then cabbage or no cabbage, it doesn't matter. If you're an adult and you fit on it, then you're good. Pedal powered, means you have to be able to pedal it. Nothing in any rules about diameter of wheels or frame sizes or motors so don't get wrapped up in what ISN'T there. Build your bike. I'm sure if it's way out someone will find a place it fits or you mod it to eliminate the problem (like a fat tire in the skinny class might fit in the offroad class). This ain't rocket surgery we're just building bikes. (but with more technology than the Wright Brothers had, and they built airplanes!)

Last edited:
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back